I think we have all had times in our life when we felt like we are in the right place at the right time. Just this past week I sat down to eat with my family and we held hands around the table. As my husband offered the prayer, out of the corner of my eye I could see the head of my two-year-old bowed dutifully. I was overwhelmed by the realization that I was exactly where God wanted me to be.
Like checkpoints along my life’s journey God often shows me when I am in the right place at the right time.
Just a few examples in my life have been:
– Walking out of an auditorium because I felt like I was supposed to go on a mission trip.
– While in Alaska when a runaway from Texas named John took off his hat and bow his head
to pray with me.
– After asking a new friend when he had accepted Jesus as his Savior.
– Walking through the woods and looking up at the sunlight streaming through the trees.
– Standing in front of friends and family to marry my husband.
– Watching the morning light stream though the window onto my newborn baby girl the day
after her birth.
– In the moment after my baptism almost three years ago.
– Singing at church on a Sunday morning while the band plays a worship-filled song.
I am so thankful for each of these moments and I consider them a gift from God. It is refreshing to my soul to know that my path and the path that God wants me to be on are one and the same. Being perfect doesn’t matter, but trusting in the perfect One is all that matters. May you find yourself on the path that God has chosen for you.